Sunday 29 July 2007

If I Knew Then What I Know Now....

I wouldn't have spent all day searching through the Massey Database I would have gone straight here first! It took me awhile to refine my search techniques - I had Eric open in one window, Massey Library in the other so i could go straight to the relevant journals & EndNote open to reference as I went. Choice of keywords was important too & really a guessing game to find the most relevant articles. My current research foucus is Videoconferencing (a brief history of, & contributions to distance education). It took me awhile (& a number of borderline articles accessed, downloaded & referenced) to find that the key word that hit the jackpot was teleconferencing. So whats the difference between teleconferencing & videoconferencing? Nothing from what i could work out (correct me if i'm wrong). How important it is too to find articles that are 'seminal' (for want of a better word), that are current & relevant with lots of references to follow up. Now i've spent all day finding my reading, it's going to take me awhile to get through it all. Maybe I should narrow my focus to videoconferencing in NZ ;-)

No comments: