Wednesday 7 February 2007

My Life in a Laptop

Changing laptops is worse than moving house! I've had to do it 3 times in the last 6 weeks and then again yesterday as my latest laptop is st&*&#*@#%ffed! How is it when you think you are sorting files, you are losing them, duplicating them & generally making a real mess of it. How is it i have tranfered my Outlook .pst file 3 times in the last week that i have doubled it up and it now is 6 gigs big instead of 3... This is very frustrating. Thankfully my kind mother has lent me her spare laptop for now (yes i really am from a whole family of geeks ;-)

On the bright side i have invested in a new sound system - sort of - Creature Speakers that connect to my Palm. Puts out a verrryyy good sound.

Technology! Love it - hate it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
Nice speakers ! Hope your laptop woes are only temporary - getting a mac may be the solution.

Jody and I are attending thr U Learn this year. We will get to meet David Warlick and generally soak up the ICT buzz.

Tom

Rachel Whalley said...

Do you mean L@S Rotorua nxt week? Look forward to meeting you there :-)